A shift in the top line – the new global revenue standard is here at last.
The IASB has published IFRS 15 ‘Revenue from Contracts with Customers’. IFRS 15:
- replaces IAS 18 ‘Revenue’, IAS 11 ‘Construction Contracts’ and some revenue-related Interpretations;
- establishes a new control-based revenue recognition model;
- changes the basis for deciding whether revenue is recognised at a point in time or over time;
- provides new and more detailed guidance on specific topics; and
- expands and improves disclosures about revenue.
This special edition of IFRS News explains the key features of the new Standard and provides practical insights into its application and impact.
Read the full update
Download PDF [ 2125 kb ]