Ian is a chartered certified accountant and a licensed insolvency practitioner with a broad experience of formal insolvency and advisory assignments.
He typically advises banks and private equity funds in relation to their non-performing loans, and assists underperforming businesses with turnaround strategies.
He has a wide experience of formal insolvency appointments having managed administrations, liquidations, receiverships, bankruptcies and voluntary arrangements across a broad range of industry sectors.
He also has experience of advisory assignments including independent business reviews, due diligence, strategic options analyses, simplification of complex group structures, working capital reviews, debt restructuring, solvent exits and pre-insolvency planning.
His public sector experience includes advising a government department in relation to the financial assistance they provided to a financial institution.
Ian has broad commercial experience, whilst specialising in the following sectors:
- Construction and Real Estate;
- Financial Services;
- Manufacturing; and
- Member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Degree in Accountancy and Finance (BA) Hons from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner
- Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association (IPA)