Peter joined Grant Thornton in 2005 having previously spent 10 years in a Big Four firm. Over this period, he has gained significant experience providing tax advice and planning opportunities to individuals and businesses. Peter became a partner in our Belfast office in 2014. He specialises in advising owner managed businesses on tax matters ranging across the various stages of their growth model – from business structuring, to protecting and expanding business activities, to tax efficient realisation of value from the business. His focus is on ensuring clients receive innovative, robust and commercially aligned tax advice.
Peter’s client portfolio broadly comprises large privately held businesses, small and medium sized enterprises and individuals across a range of sectors including food and beverage, property and construction, technology, media and retail.
He has extensive experience in advising individuals and companies on tax compliance and advisory matters. His experience on transactional and advisory matters includes:
- corporate reorganisations;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- corporate simplifications;
- private equity investments;
- cross border tax matters;
- property taxes;
- succession and exit planning; and
- tax efficient reward and incentivisation.
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) with the UK’s Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)
- Bachelor of Accountancy (B.Acc) degree from the University of Glasgow