Neal joined Grant Thornton in 2020 with 18 years of financial services experience, having worked for 12 years in the banking sector and 6 years in corporate finance, most recently spending 3 years with a Big Four firm.
Neal is our Head of Energy & Infrastructure and has advised on transactions with a value in excess of £1.5bn, covering wind, biomass, anaerobic digestion and waste/recycling. Selected recent deals include:
- Acquisition of a “ready-to-build” wind farm (42 turbines and 277MW capacity);
- Acquisition of a 28MW biomass plant providing electric and district heating;
- Acquisition of a materials recycling facility with processing capability for 150,000 tonnes of waste;
- Acquisition of a 19MW portfolio of electrical and gas-to-grid anaerobic digestion plants;
- Sale of a 5.5MW portfolio of electric anaerobic digestion plants.
Neal also has significant experience with all aspects of debt; including restructures, settlements, refinances, raising growth capital, property finance and project finance. He was responsible for a £1.2bn portfolio in corporate debt restructuring and has led on a range of debt advisory projects.
Neal has extensive corporate finance and banking experience, specialising in the following areas:
- Renewable energy transactions
- Debt advisory projects
- Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA)
- Masters in Finance (MSc) from Queen’s University Belfast
- Degree in Economics (BSc) from Queen’s University Belfast
- Certificate in Responsible and Sustainable Finance (UCD)