Paul is Director in Grant Thornton’s M&A team having joined in 2022. Paul has spent over 15 years working in M&A in both private practice and in industry. Paul trained and worked in the corporate finance team of a Big Four firm in their NI, Irish and Australian offices, and was Head of Corporate Finance in a boutique NI corporate finance firm for three years.
Paul has served as Finance Director in a large publicly listed UK recruitment group and immediately prior to joining Grant Thornton, Paul was CFO of a private equity owned UK transport and logistics business, responsible for overseeing and executing M&A strategy in both these roles.
Paul has significant M&A lead advisory experience, successfully executing business acquisition and sale transactions across multiple sectors including the quarrying, engineering, manufacturing, transport, logistics, recruitment & technology sectors. Paul also has significant experience raising finance for growth, acquisition and other purposes across the full array of funding sources, and is skilled in providing due diligence, valuation advice and other business advisory services to clients.
Paul’s recent transactions include;
- Sale of Peak Environmental to McKenzies Metal Recycling.
- Carve out and MBO acquisition of Spa-Jet Ltd from Kudos International.
- Advised on sale of Astrea Bioseparations to Biotage AB.
- Paul advises a number of acquisitive clients with their M&A strategies and due diligence in the healthcare, hospitality, recruitment, engineering and building products sectors.
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)