Sherena joined Grant Thornton’s tax team in 2021, and comes with 27 years of experience in private practice, having specialised in providing tax compliance and advisory solutions for a wide range of clients including high net worth individuals and families, entrepreneurs, investors, professional practices and trustees.
Sherena has a wealth of experience in helping entrepreneurial individuals and wealthy families to structure their business and family affairs tax efficiently and for generational asset protection. She regularly provides advice on income tax, capital gains tax, and inheritance tax issues and solutions to a wide range of clients, including both UK and non-UK domicile or resident individuals, and the Trustees of on and offshore trusts.
Over the years, Sherena has helped many business owners, investors and families to manage their tax exposure and asset protection. Some examples of work undertaken in recent years, include:
- Working with families to structure business interests and family assets in order to protect wealth and reduce capital tax exposures for the older generations.
- Review of a property investor portfolio and restructuring this for improved tax efficiency and family succession planning.
- Providing personal tax advice to a globally mobile individual on managing jurisdictional residence for tax purposes.
- Incorporation, and director/shareholder advice on planning for retirement and succession.
- Advice to a family owned business regarding extraction, and implementation of trust structures and other entities for tax efficient family wealth protection and financial support of the younger generations.
- Advice to director/shareholders in relation to transactions, such a company sale.
- Chartered Tax Adviser