Andrew is an enterprising and commercially focused Chief Economist who joined Grant Thornton in 2019. Over 20 years, he has undertaken economic research and impact assignments across the globe and operates at the most senior levels of government and business to provide economic analysis, research and commentary focused on supporting growth.
Andrew has worked on hundreds of assignments for government and private sector clients.
Key skills include:
- design, appraisal and evaluation of publicly funded interventions, primarily focused on economic development interventions;
- undertaking economic research to support policy development and decision making;
- development of strategies which focus on enhancing economic, employment and productivity outcomes for a country, city or region; and
- facilitation of workshops and large scale participative consultations.
Recent key assignments include:
- provision of economic impact and policy analysis to the hotel sector;
- research into the economic competitiveness of Belfast;
- analysis of the case for a Cross Border Special Economic Zone;
- evaluation of the impact of a significant public spending programme targeted at engaging the diaspora;
- development of an economic growth strategy for a local authority; and
- provision of economic advice and options appraisal for a major regeneration project.
- BA(Hons) in Economics
- Masters in Applied Economics