Neil is an Associate Director in Grant Thornton’s People and Change Consulting practice and brings over 20 years of experience as a senior HR Professional.
Before joining Grant Thornton Neil was Group HR Director for a major UK Hospitality franchise, and before that spent 16 years working for a large Retail and Commercial Bank in a variety of senior HR roles including Business Partnering, HR Programme Management; and also Head of the Bank’s Recruitment Team.
Neil’s particular areas of expertise include:
- Delivering business reviews and development and delivery of pragmatic, commercially-grounded Strategic HR Plans
- Managing significant business restructuring programmes including redundancies and complex TUPE transfers
- Supporting business change projects through Organisational Design interventions and developing management capability in managing change
- Significant ability in managing complex stakeholder environments
- Extensive experience in managing complex employee relations issues and disputes, and developing positive working relationships with Trade Union and Employee Representative Bodies
- Design and delivery of impactful strategic HR interventions across the range of HR specialisms including Recruitment, Staff Engagement, Training and Development, Succession Planning, Talent Management, Absence Management, Reward and Compensation, and Staff Retention