David is a Chartered Accountant and qualified Insolvency Practitioner, with over 14 years’ experience across a wide range of business advisory, restructuring and turnaround related work, advising clients in both solvent and insolvent situations.
Over the last decade, David has gained experience leading high profile advisory and insolvency assignments, with responsibility for making key decisions and managing various stakeholders. In this time, he has built up a strong network of relationships across banks, funders, legal firms, accountancy practices, trade bodies and agents.
David has strong commercial awareness and knowledge of the NI market across a range of sectors, including an understanding of the key opportunities and challenges facing local businesses.
David’s experience covers the following key areas:
- Finance Raising/Refinancing Work
- Financial and Commercial Due Diligence
- Strategic Planning
- Business Valuations
- Strategic Reviews
Business Restructuring and Turnaround
- Independent Business Reviews (IBR)
- Debt Advisory
- Working Capital and Cash flow reviews
- Financial Restructuring
- Accelerated Sales and Marketing Processes (including Pre-Pack Sales)
- Involved in over 100 corporate and personal insolvency cases, including; Administrations; Liquidations; CVA’s; Fixed Charge Receiverships; and Bankruptcy cases, reporting to all the key stakeholders, including banking institutions and alternative funders, locally in Northern Ireland, across RoI and the UK.
- In this period, David has assisted in saving over 200 jobs through the use of formal restructuring appointments and advice.
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI)
- Member of R3; the Association of Business Recovery Professionals (MABRP)
- David is a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner